Monday, May 4, 2009

Oven Chicken Salad

This recipe was given to me by my friend (Reena). The last I heard was that, she‘d misplaced the recipe. I hope she’ll find it here this time. I’d share this recipe with some other friends; they all like it very much.

Few days ago, I made this for our afternoon tea time. It was a pleasant surprise for my kids as they had not had this for quite a while. The remaining lemon juice I had, we added it into the chilled 100 plus. It was a nice drink to go with.



Ingredients:

2 cups Chicken breast (cut into small cubes, marinade with salt and pepper. Blanch)

1 cup bread (cut into small cubes)

2 cups Raw cabbage (washed, chopped)

½ onions (chopped)

½ cup cashew nuts (toasted, chopped)

½ cup Mayonnaise

½ cup Grated cheese

3 table spoon lemon juice

Favorite Potato Chips (topping). I use “Chipster” Original flavor by Twisties.

Method:

In a big bowl, mix in all the ingredients except cheese and chips.

Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, sprinkle the cheese then top it with chips. Bake for 10 minutes or till cheese melted at gas mark 6/temp 175 deg. Celcius.



No comments:

Post a Comment