Saturday, June 6, 2009

Taiping Wan Tan Mee

BEFORE........ raw


AFTER!!! ready to eat!

Few weeks ago, my friend(Yvonne) gave me some raw Wan Tan Mee she brought back from Taiping. I was happy to have it, not realising that it was THE BEST wan tan mee I've received!

I cooked the noodles and have it for lunch! It tasted very nice. It's texture was different from the one I bought from the wet market.Later, I found out that Taiping is famous for it's Wan Tan Mee. wow....

The first round I cooked the noodles without Char Siew and Wan Tan. When I realized the noodles was so nice, I kept the rest till I bought some pork to make Char Siew and Wan Tan so that the Wan Tan Mee can be eaten at it's best!

Keep a look out for my next posting on homemade Char Siew and Wan Tan!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I didn't know Taiping is famous for its Wan Tan Mee either! Do find out for me which stall your friend is referring to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told she "tumpang" her aunt to buy from a homebased business. She'd no idea where about the stall... sorry.

    ReplyDelete