Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Kitchen's Library


These are my collections of recipe books. Most of my cake-baking recipes are from here. All these recipe books are mainly hand-me-downs from my sister (Phoebe), Aunty Rock and CK.

The books that I use most are from CK’s old collections (oh yes, CK does collect recipe books ever since he was studying overseas. He bakes well too!) The Mc Dougalls’s “Better Baking” and the Australian Women’s Weekly “Cakes and Slices Cookbook” are his favorite recipe books which he refers to when he bakes.

I also use Alex Goh’s “Creative Making of Cakes”. I find his book’s instructions very clear and the steps are easy to follow. The pictures are also very nicely taken.

The internet is also a very good source for retrieving good recipes, except that I prefer to have a hard copy to keep and refer to whenever I need it.

My blog will be my collection of “Home-made, home-cooked, home-baked“recipe records. Hopefully, I am able to share this with everyone who is keen to learn what I’ve written down here. Maybe, in future, my daughters- in-law and my grandchildren can refer to this blog and to learn what their husband/daddy and grandparents have been cooking, and eating all these years.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recipes and yourself! Thanks to your blog, I feel that you are now my friend even though we have spoken not more than 20 words to each other in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks too Ellie, all i remember of you is that "you bake well" ! hahaha. Keep baking and be a blessing to people around you,sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I'm just a homemaker who's too stingy to pay for my cravings and so ended up making my own!

    ReplyDelete